Growing Older, Becoming more wiser and more Experienced
While all women will experience menopause, each will experience it in her own unique way. For many women the transition is an easy one. For others, menopause comes with some decidedly unpleasant side effects. Regardless of ease or difficulty during menopause, however, the risks of long term health problems (such as heart disease and osteoporosis) increase post-menopause.
Your Doctor's Role:
It’s your doctor’s task to help you make a smooth transition into menopause and beyond: On
- Counseling about Osteoporosis (DEXA Bone density)
- Counseling about Ischemic Heart diseases
- Importance of Soya proteins & Phyto-oestrogens.
- Counseling about Hormonal Replacement Therapy (O.C.Pills, Premerin, Tibolone, Raloxiphane etc.)
- Pap’s Smear & Mammography.
- Let you know what physical and emotional changes to expect.
- Help you to explore all your options to deal with minor or complex issues.
- Work with you to develop an individual strategy, depending on your symptoms and your preferences.
- Evaluation and management of :
- Hot flashes
- Amenorrhea (no periods)
- Atrophic Vaginitis
Many women find menopausal and post-menopausal life to be liberating. No monthly bloating, cramping, tampons or pads. No pregnancy concerns. Don't be afraid of this stage of your life. Both short and long term conditions can be managed with the help of your doctor.
You can email your queries to Dr. Parulben Shah or Dr.Pragnesh Shah or meet her in person at their Clinic.