|Home > Laparoscopy Experts > Dr Pragnesh Shah Introduction
Has vast experience & varied exposure on record number of Gynaec Laparoscopic & Hysteroscopic Surgeries with top most success rate.
Regularly called for operations at best Hospitals all over India even for difficult Laparoscopic & Hysteroscopic Surgeries.
Nearly 100% success rate.
Trained more than 200 Surgeons in Gynaec Endoscopic surgeries.
With his high-value experience and background of shared knowledge in USA & Australia with world renowned celebrities in Gynaec Endoscopic Surgeries he is invited for presentations/Articles at various State/National & International level for CMEs/Workshops & Conferences.
Authority in Education in Endoscopic Surgery on advanced methods & Skills.
Jyoti Hospital & Minimum Invasive Surgery Centre
Ocean Park, Satellite Road,
Near Nehru Nagar Char Rasta,
Ahmedabad, India -380015
Phone No. : 91 79 26731759;
Fax No. : 91 79 26766491
Email: Pragnesh@laparoscopyexpert.com ; Pragnesh.firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr.Pragnesh Shah (9824050196)
9.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon (Monday to Friday ) – Jyoti Hospital
6.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m. (Monday to Friday) – Jyoti Hospital
2.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m. (Monday to Friday) - Endoscopy Excellence Institute
4.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. (Monday to Friday) – Apollo Hospital.
1) Professional Identity
- Practicing Gynecological Endoscopy & Surgery
- Hon. Asst. Prof. N.H.L. Medical College
- Hon. Secretary,, S.O.G.O.G., Gujarat
- Hon. Endoscopic Surgeon at Apollo Hospital, Ahmedabad
- West Zone, Chairperson of Indian association of Gynecological Endoscopy (IAGE) and responsible for developing Accreditation Council.
- Endoscopic Trainer for Surgeons & Gynecologists.
- Active AOGS & FOGSI member ( Top )
2) Education & Update
- M.D. (Obstetrics & Gynaecology) from B.J.Medical College, Ahmedabad
- Laparoscopic Gynaecology (Basics) at BEAMS & EISE at Mumbai
- Laparoscopic Knotting & Suturing training at BEAMS & EISE at Mumbai from Dr. Palani Vallu & Dr. Rakesh Sinha, 1997
- FOGSI USG training & Microsurgery training
- Master class in Advanced Laparoscopic surgeries (Including Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Mymectomy & Lymphadnectomy) at Lilavati Hospital from international & National faculties, 1999
- Active interaction & participation during “ENDOSCOPIC SURGERY & INFERTILITY MANAGEMENT BEYOND 2000” AT Jaslok Hospital with International & National Faculties, Feb. 2001
- Trained, practically, above 200 Gynecologists & surgeons on Laparoscopy Applications and Endoscopic Surgeries
- Superintendent & Panel Laparoscopic Surgeon at various Government hospitals for more than six years in Gujarat.
- Learning & Interactions at International conferences, workshops and practical demonstrations in USA (Nov 2002) & AUSTRALIA (in 2001) on the latest techniques & trends in Gynaec Endoscopic Surgeries (detailed at the end).
- Attended Training course on “Laparoscopic pelvic Floor Repair” for seven days in Australia and shared experience with Dr.Greg Cario & Dr.Alan Lam in year 2002.
- Invited for presentation in AAGL conference in Miami in 2002.
- Shared knowledge & experience with Dr.Harry Reich, Dr.C.Y.Liu, Dr.Farr Nezhat, and L. Adamyan in year 2002.( Top )
3) Vast & Varied Surgical Experience
- Operative Performance of a large number of surgeries that too with significantly high success rate.
- Video Endoscopic Surgeries Which includes Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Mymectomy (of any size), Ovarian cyst & Endometriosis,
- Infertility Enhancing Surgeries like PCOD Drilling; Infertility Promoting Hysteroscopic Surgeries like Adhesiolysis in Asherman’s Syndrome
- Advanced Endometriosis with Chocolate cyst; Laparoscopic Sterilizations
- Removal of Endometrial & Fibroid polyp, sub mucus fibroid, Foreign bodies like Bony Spicules, IUCD, Karman’s Cannula etc.
- Difficult Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Tubal Surgeries, Surgeries for Ectopic pregnancy etc & Hysteroscopic Adhesiolysis in Asherman's Syndrome
- TCRE-Trans Cervical Resection of Endometrium (better results even for endometrial thickness of 10+ m.m.)
- Fallopian Tubal Cannulation for Proximal Tubal Block,
- Laparoscopic Burch’s for S.U.I.,
- Laparoscopic Tubal Anastomosis/Reversal-Microsurgery,
- Many more operations demanding challenges in Minimum Invasive Surgery like Laparoscopic Vagino-plasty, Recto-vaginal Endometriosis, Pelvic Floor Defects repair, Laparoscopic Tubal Anastomosis & so on.”
- Demanding Endoscopic Surgeries, at
- Apollo Hospital
- Medisurge Hospital
- C.L.General. (RAJASTHAN) Hospital
- SAL Hospital
- Jivraj Mehta Hospital
- ONGC and at
- Several other such reputed institutions
- Superintendent & Panel Laparoscopic Surgeon at various Government hospitals for above 6 years ( Top )
4) Recognitions & Reputation
- Ahmedabad Medical Association award for “OUTSTANDING ACHIVEMENT IN FIELD OF ENDOSCOPY” on Annual Day celebration.
- Federation of obstetrician & Gynecological Societies of India Recognized Endoscopic Training centre ( FOGSI Recognized Endoscopy Training Centre)
- Dr. C.S.DAWN prize for best paper presentation at 43rd AICOG Conference.Luchnow
- Government recognized Trainer for Laparoscopic field training
- Developing Accreditation Council & guidelines for Accreditation in Gynecological Endoscopy in India, and working actively as West Zone Chairperson of IAGE.
- Working actively as Secretary General of SOGOG (State Organization of Gynecologists and Obstetricians of Gujarat).( Top )
5) Premium Presentations Profile
- “Unique Experience in Early Ectopic pregnancy (25 cases)” presentation at 32nd American Association of Gynecological Laparoscopists (AAGL) Conference at Miami, USA in year 2002.
- On “Laparoscopic Suturing Techniques” in one of the International Infertility events in Ahmedabad.
- On “FERTILITY OUTCOME OF 15 CASES OF EARLY ECTOPIC PREGNANCY TREATED LALAROSCOPICALLY IN LAST TWO YEARS”, at World congress on Practical Infertility at Mumbai.
- Video presentation on “Recto-vaginal Endometriosis safe laparoscopic techniques” in Pune for “International Update in Infertility”.
- Actively participated in different sessions at regional International Society of Gynecological Endoscopists (ISGE) conference in September, 2005, event focusing specially on the necessity & need for “Credentialing in Gynecological Endoscopy” & Endometriosis awareness in India.
- Live Satellite Interactive Surgical workshop at Apollo Hospital, Ahmedabad – Demonstrated “Laparoscopic Vaginoplasty-Peritoneal pull through technique for neovagina creation” (such operation was first time performed by surgeon in India) – Operation Unlinked from Apollo Hospital and for interactive discussion down linked to many different Gynecological societies of India during event.
- On “Place of video-Endoscopic surgery in Misplaced IUCD”, at AICOG, Hyderabad.
- Opportunity as coordinator during Pre-conference FOGSI workshop on Hysteroscopy in Ahmedabad.
- As Faculty in Live workshop on Laparoscopic Suturing in one of the Infertility event
- On "How to start Endoscopy" in one of the International events on Practical Infertility management.
- Presentation & Guest Lecture in FOGSI Annual conference at Bangalore on “Endometriosis – Overcoming complications in Laparoscopic Surgeries”.
- Presentation on “Safe & Effective methods of Fertility Promoting Laparoscopic Surgeries” at Anand Obs. & Gyn. Society and Udepur Endoscopy event.
- Video presentation of “Laparoscopic Vaginoplasty” at annual IAGE meeting at Cochin & at annual event at IMAGES at Mumbai & in International conference on Gynecological Endoscopy at Cochin on 8th to 10th Oct.,2003.
- Actively participated in different sessions at regional IAGE conference at Pune at Dr.Sunita’s event in year 2003 & 2004 focusing on Endometriosis & Vaginoplasty
- Presentation & Guest Lecture in FOGSI Annual conference at Agra on “Laparoscopic management of Ovarian Tumors” in 2004.
- Lecture on “Controversies in the Management of Early Ectopic Pregnancy” in ENDOVISION 2004
- Lecture on “Latest Development in Gynecological Endoscopy” in “Infertility Update-2005” at Mt. Abu.
- Actively participated in different sessions at Dr.Hrishikesh Pai’s event at Mumbai in November, 2005 focusing on Endometriosis.
- Presentation & Guest Lecture in FOGSI Annual conference at Aurangabad on “Management of Severe Endometriosis in 2005.
- Actively participated in different sessions at Dr.Prakash Trivedi’s (IMAGES) event of pelvic Floor Repair & SUI at Mumbai as Faculty in year 2004 & 2005.
- Actively participated in different sessions at Dr.P.G.Paul’s event Cochin as Faculty in year 2003.
- Actively participated in different sessions at Dr.Kurian Joseph’ (Annual IAGE conference in year 2004) event focusing special on the necessity & need for Accreditation in Gynecological Endoscopy in India.
- Actively participated in different sessions at Dr.Shyam Desai’s (Annual IAGE conference in Mumbai in year 2005) focusing specially on the necessity & need for Credentialing and Endometriosis in Gynecological Endoscopy.
- Lecture on “Advanced Technologies in Surgical Practice-Endoscopic Gynecological Surgery” in Annual Conference of National Academy of Medical Science (NAMS) on December,2005.
- Actively participated in different sessions at Dr.Rakesh Sinha’s (BEAM’s) event of “JUST HYSTRECTOMY” and ‘JUST FIBROID” in Mumbai in January,2004 & 2006 focusing on Tips for bladder dissection in previous LSCS case & Different Laparoscopic Suturing techniques for myometrial defect closure in Laparoscopic Mymectomy.
- Video presentation on “How to prevent Bladder & Ureteric Injuries during Hysterectomy” in AICOG FOGSI’s conference at Agra in 2005.
- Actively participated in different sessions at Dr.Urvashi Jha’s (Annual IAGE conference in year 2006 in New Delhi) event focusing on the “Laparoscopic Management of Ovarian Desmoids-Dissection & Retrieval techniques”
- Lecture on “Laparoscopic Management of Bilateral Endometrioma” in First National Congress on “Progress & Challenges in Gynaec Endoscopy” in February, 2006 in Ahmedabad.
- Lecture on “Hysteroscopic Mymectomy” at Endoscopy Update at Mumbai Ob. & Gyn. Society in June,2006. Video presentation on “How to prevent Bladder & Ureteric Injuries during Hysterectomy” in AICOG FOGSI’s conference at Agra and at Yuva FOGSI in Navi Mumbai in 2005 & 2006.
- Video presentation on “How to prevent Bladder & Ureteric Injuries during Hysterectomy” at Yuva FOGSI in Navi Mumbai in 2006.
- Lecture on “Hysteroscopic Mymectomy” at Endoscopy Update at Mumbai Ob. & Gyn. Society in June,2006. On “Trouble-shooting in gynecological Endoscopy” at Bhavnagar Obs. Gyn. Society.
- On “Recent trend in the Management of Ectopic Pregnancy” at Baroda, Endoscopy update, Mehasana Ob. Gy. Society, Bhuj Ob. Gy. Society
- On “LASER IN GYNAECOLOGICAL ENDOSCOPY” AT Bilimora, SOGOG CME.
- Presentation on “Endoscopic Management of FIBROID” at Mehasana Obs. & Gyn. Society & in Ahmedabad Obs. & Gyn. Society in “Millennium Update on Endoscopic Surgery”
- Live workshop & presentation on “Laparoscopic Pelvic Floor Defect Repair – Future and Recent concepts”
- Live workshop on “Simplified Laparoscopic Suturing Techniques” at Surat Medical College
- Presentation on “Safe & Effective methods of Fertility Promoting Laparoscopic Surgeries” at Anand Obs. & Gyn. Society Lecture on “Latest Development in Gynecological Endoscopy” in SOGOG Annual conference at Bhuj
- Lecture on “Management of Severe Endometriosis” in Pune and in SOGOG Annual conference at Jamnagar in 2005.
- Lecture on “Recent Management of DUB” in SOGOG CME at Surat on July, 2005.
- On “Recent trend in the Management of Ectopic Pregnancy” at MTV (Memnagar, Thaltej, Vastrapur) Association.
- On “Current Status of Endoscopic Surgery” at Annual CME by Ahmedabad Ob. Gy. Society.
- On “Laparoscopic help during uterine perforation” and on ‘Common Vascular Injuries in Laparoscopic Surgeries’ during clinical meeting organized by AOGS
- Presentation on “Current status of HSG vs. Laparoscopy” at SAFAL IVF Event at Ahmedabad.
- Presentation on “Current Status of Different Endometrial Ablation Techniques compared to TCRE” at SAL Hospital with live workshop on Endoscopy with D.Frnklin Loffer (AAGL,Vice president)
- Lecture on “RECENT CONCEPTS IN Laparoscopic Management of Pelvic Floor Repair” & Live demonstration of Hysteroscopic Mymectomy in AOGS Endoscopy event in year 2003.
( Top )
6) Rare Reference
I offer valuable references (that count) of the following dignitaries & eminent surgeons in our specialty field:
- Dr. Urvashi Jha (Chief Endoscopic Surgeon, Apollo Hospital, New Delhi)
- Dr. Prakash Trivedi (Chief Endoscopic surgeon, Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai)
- Dr. Rakesh Sinha (Chief Endoscopic Surgeon, Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai)
- Dr. N.D. Motashaw (Chief Endoscopic Surgeon, P D Hinduja Hospital & Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai)
- Dr. Shyam Desai (Sen. Endoscopic Surgeon, Wadia Hospital & FOGSI, Secretary General)
- Dr. Kurian Joseph (Chief Laser Endoscopic Surgeon, Chennai)
- Dr.Prashant Mangeshikar ( Vice-president, AGE)
- Dr. Manish Jadav (Head of the Gynaec. Dept., V.S.Hospital)
- Dr. Malini Desai (Head of the Gynaec. Dept, B.J.Medical College)
- Dr. L.N.Chauan (Head of the Gynaec. Dept., Baroda Medical College)
- Dr. Veenaben Shah (Head of the Gynaec. Dept., Surat Medical College)
- Dr. Virbalaben Zavari (Senior Gynecologists, C.L. (Rajasthan) General Hospital
- Dr. Sanat Joshi (Senior Gynaecologist, Jivraj Mehta Hospital)
- Dr.Mukul & Dr. Diptiben Shah (Gynaec. Unit Chief, L.G.Hospital)
- Dr. Niruben Shah (Gynaec. Unit Chief, Shardaben Hospital)
( Top )
7) Appreciations earned
- Fast recovery of patients by our safe + cost effective “Day Care Surgery” at our Hospital
- Frequent invitations for presentations, demonstrations and surgery at “Quality-conscious” and leading Institutions
- Steady requests for teaching & training Endoscopic Surgery techniques to practicing Gynecologists
- Audio-Visual Committee Chairperson in AICOG 2000 (FOGSI’s Annual Conference)in Ahmedabad and Co-ordinator in “Hysteroscopy workshop”
- Faculty in last 5-7 FOGSI’s Annual conferences (AICOG) contributing in different capacity during event.
- Organizing Secretary of ENDOVISION-2004 (Regional IAGE Conference) organized in August,2004 with huge success & unique style ( Web based presentations) from USA ,Germany ,Delhi & Coimbtore by renown celebrities of different specialty (Gastro-enterology, Urology, Robotics etc ) of Endoscopy during event, Special Post-graduate courses on different topics, Hands on for different levels(Level-1, 2,3 ) Skills Station for different Delegates under supervision of senior Faculties, Conference theme was on “Controversies in Gynecological Endoscopy”, Web based presentations and Live operative workshop’s surgeries were shown in IMAX 3D Theatre)
- Organizing Secretary of “Infertility Update 2005 – Infertility Understood, Visualized, Dissected & Managed” conference at Mt.Abu.
- Organizing Secretary of: “Fetal Medicine Congress” at Ahmedabad in March 2005 where in Course (Video-conference) delivered from Fetal medicine Foundation, London. ( Top )
8) Involvement & Association
Active Membership and able participation at
- American Association of Gynecological Laparoscopist’s. (AAGL)
- Indian Association of Gynecological Endoscopist (IAGE)
- Federation of Obstetrics & Gynecological Societies of India (FOGSI)
- Indian Medical Association – Ahmedabad Medical Association (IMA-AMA)
- Endometriosis Association (One of the prestigious association in USA)
- State Organization of Gynecologists and Obstetricians of Gujarat (SOGOG)
( Top )
9) Contributions to Communities
Laparoscopic Tubal Sterilization Camps at “Sanand, Bavala, Dholka, Viramgam, Dehgam, Sola Civil Hospital, Nadiad Civil Hospital, Dakor, Savalia, Balasinor, Kathalal, Kapandvaj, Kaira” and many more in the State.
( Top )
10) Overseas Efforts
Overseas (Australia/USA) exposure of unusual expertise / Specialization
- AUSTRALIA: Shared knowledge and Learned Pelvic Floor Defect Repair at St. J Hospital Sydney, Endoscopic Surgeries
- USA: Shared knowledge & worked as observer at prominent Research centers/hospitals for most advanced skills in Gynecological Endoscopic Surgery & presentation at annual AAGL conference in Miami, USA in Nov., 2002.
- Exceptional & Enriching interactions with Brilliant, International Celebrities like ( Top )
- Dr. Tae-ki Yoon (KOREA) & Dr.Charles Koh (USA) for Laparoscopic Tubal Recanalisation
- Dr. Greg Cario (AUSTRALIA)& Dr.C.Y.Liu(USA) on Laparoscopic Surgery for Pelvic Floor defects
- Mr. MC Milan (LONDON) for Laparoscopic Lymphadnectomy
- Dr.Grace Janik (USA) & Dr.C.Nezhat (USA) for Rectovaginal Endometriosis.
- Dr.Leila Adamyan (Russia) for Laparoscopic Vaginoplasty.
- Dr.Tom Margolis (USA) for Laparoscopic Burch & Lateral Cystocele Repair for SUI.
- Dr.Harray Reich (USA) for Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy.