- Aim & Format
- Application Form
- Invitation Letter
Course Aim & Different training Format:
- FOGSI recognized basic course for 7 days is to provide level-1 & level-2 laparoscopic & hysteroscopic training for beginners who are not previously exposed to Endoscopy and want to learn Gynecological Endoscopy. Course includes about 10-15 lectures on different topics & covering most of the areas of Gynecological Endoscopic training, live theatre participation, practice on laparoscopic & hysteroscopic trainer/simulator to develop hand eye co-ordination exercises and personal supervision & guidance. Our aim is that at the end of our training you should be confident enough to carry out level-1 & 2 Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy at your center independently.
- FOGSI recognized advanced course for 15 days is recommended for Gynecologist who had already taken basic training and want to learn more & want to add more advanced skills and course is to provide the participant with intensive practical hands-on training over a 15 days period by video demonstration, live theatre participation, practice of laparoscopic & hysteroscopic trainer/simulator to develop hand eye co-ordination exercises including suturing, about 20-25 lectures on different topics & covering most of the areas of Gynecological Endoscopic training and personal supervision & guidance. Our aim is that at the end of our training you should be confident enough to carry out more advanced Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy at your center independently or you should gain enough confidence to do some of the Advanced Laparoscopic surgery if you are already doing level-1/level-2 Laparoscopic Surgery at your center.
- FOGSI-ICOG recognized six months course in Gynecological Endoscopy aims for Gynecologist who want to develop their carrier as Gynecological Endoscopic Surgeon, as subspeciality of Gynecology and desires to have intense endoscopy training for six months with exposure of maximum no of laparoscopic & hysteroscopic cases assisting, viewing during course & learning different endoscopic skills and sound theoretical background with practical tips to perform independent endoscopic surgeries confidently in future. At end FOGSI-ICOG does takes theory & practical exam for the assessment of your six months exposure to build up your confidence of doing independent future endoscopic surgeries..
(I) Training includes following components:
- Understanding essential Endoscopic anatomy of pelvis & abdominal wall
- Practicing hand-on training on pelvic trainer to develop hand-Eye co-ordination, necessary for Laparoscopic & Hysteroscopic Surgery.
- In depth interactive personal 20-25 lectures on different topics.
- Video demonstration of most of the possible Gynecological Endoscopic surgeries as on today.
- Live participation in most of the possible Gynecological Endoscopic surgeries as on today.
- Abdominal access techniques
- Pneumoperitoneum and trocar insertion
- Port positions for various laparoscopic operations
- Ergonomic principles of laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic equipment’s detail
- Various laparoscopic dissection techniques
- Use and safety during electro surgery
- Extra-corporeal and Intra-corporeal laparoscopic suturing techniques
- Laparoscopic Roader knot
- Interrupted laparoscopic suturing techniques
- Intra-corporeal suturing techniques.
- Techniques to control of bleeding at the time of Lap surgery Discussion
- Lectures on Diagnostic Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy, Adhesiolysis, Ectopic Pregnancy, Difficult LAVH for previous surgeries & for large uterus, Difficult Myomectomy, T.O. Mass, Advanced Endometriosis like Rectovaginal Endometriosis & Chocolate cyst, Hysteroscopic procedures like Tubal cannulation for PTB & Asherman’s syndrome etc.
- Video presentation & discussion for Laparoscopic Tubal Anastomosis & Pelvic Floor Repair, Sub mucus fibroid resection & other rare and difficult laparoscopic & Hysteroscopic surgeries.
- Data entry, operative records, video editing, video ppt preparation, paper presentation and publication in index Journal & Log book.
(II) Procedures demonstrated/Assisted/done by trainee :
- Infertility work up: Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Tubal & Ovarian surgery
- Laparoscopic Prolapse Repair: Burch’s & Pelvic Floor Defects Repair Hysteroscopic Sub mucus Fibroid resection & Tubal cannulation
(III) Practical skill development on Simulator practices :
- Developing Hand eye co-ordination skills on Hysteroscopic & Laparoscopic trainer/simulator
- Bench mark exercises on non-tissue and tissue models for developing various endoscopic skills.
(IV) Who should attend?
- Anyone interested in giving more choices to their patient hysteroscopy & laparoscopy in their future gynecological practice.
- Specialist with keen interest in learning and keen to start independent Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy in near future in his own center.
- Freshly passed MD/MS student interested to start their carrier as Gynae Endoscopic Surgeon.
- Those Endoscopic Surgeons who are already doing level-1/level-2 surgery at their own center and now they want to advance their skills in different Advanced Endoscopic surgeries systematically.
- Dr. Pragnesh Shah (M.D.,F.I.C.O.G.) Gynaec Endoscopic Surgeon
- Dr. Foram Vora (M.S.) Gynaec Endoscopic Surgeon
- Dr. Parul Pragnesh Shah (M.D.) Gynaec Endoscopic Surgeon
Thank you very much for showing your interest in learning Gynecological endoscopic Training at our center.
I assure you that you will develop confidence of doing Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy independently after our personalized training at our place. (I.e. Level-I/II Endoscopic surgery), provided you have completed satisfactory training, hands on training on pelvic trainer, assisted enough number of surgeries and seen the videos of most of the Gynecological surgeries during your training.
Checklist for Laparoscopic Training:
- You are a FOGSI member and you have paid fees of annual membership fees of your local FOGSI society during your training period.
- You have to submit the certificate from your department about your status/ residency & permission from your H.O.D. or your MD/MS/DGO passing certificate
- Fill up prescribed Application form for Basic/Advanced/ Six months course.
- You have to send D/D of your training fees accordingly to the FOGSI office.
- Inform Dr. Pragnesh Shah (Course Director) by Email (email@example.com ) & by mobile phone no. 9824050916.
1-3 months prior to starting of your Laparoscopic training at our center.
You can definitely plan to come in any month during year for 7/15 days or six months. You have to inform us one month prior to your tentative dates for starting your training at our center
You have to arrange for your accommodation in one of the hotels in Ahmedabad of your own during your stay for training.
We recommend starting Laparoscopy & hysteroscopy immediately after our training. You must maintain Log book of your initial 25 laparoscopy & hysteroscopy done at your center after training. You must bring your 25 videos of first laparoscopic & hysteroscopic surgeries to us for assessment & evaluation, feedback, and in the process for improvement of your skills & mistakes and your self-accreditation for your safety.
I am sure you will be greatly benefited after endoscopic training at our center.
Pragnesh Shah (M.D.F.I.C.O.G.)
JYOTI HOSPITAL & MINIMUM INVASIVE SURGERY CENTER,
OCEANPARK, SATELLITE ROAD, AHMEDABAD 380015.
PHONE: 91 79 26731750; FAX NO.: 91 79 26766491
Hospital is India based Advanced Gynecological Laparoscopic Training & Center for Excellence for most of the Gynecological Endoscopic Surgeries. Dr. Pragnesh Shah, Dr. Foram Vora & Dr. Parulben Shah are Experienced Laparoscopic Surgeons & they have experience of most of the Advanced Gynecological Surgeries with world class infra structure in Ahmedabad for any difficult & complicated laparoscopic surgeries.
- Why should I opt for Endoscopic Training now?
Recent advances in minimally invasive surgery have seen widespread applications in many surgical specialties & more in Gynecological surgeries.
Today the Laparoscopic & Hysteroscopic approach is being used in a growing number of Gynecological procedures with significant potential medical and economical and faster recovery benefits to patients.
Furthermore, in this era of Google information are demanding to know all the options to available to them with pros and cons and benefits of each.
- Do you have the training to meet the demand?
With more & more gynecologists performing Laparoscopies had led to tremendous development and also increased complication rate. Professional with tangent thinking go beyond excellence & are in a position to provide multiple options with safety to a given situations for their patient’s problem.
It is the ongoing training which motivates you to do things correctly & differently to achieve results different from conventional average. It was perhaps inevitable that the learning curve would be accompanied by a variety of complications and difficulties in performing Endoscopic surgery.
These adverse outcomes are further compounded by the crisis in poor Endoscopic training program and lack of adequate accreditation system and of minimum standards.
The other major issue is the need for surgeons to take special training in performing the many operations that are available by this means. Even surgeons that are brilliant in open techniques need special training to transfer their excellent surgical skills in 2D viewing on the video monitor and display during endoscopic surgery.
The need for additional training is because laparoscopic surgeons leave the familiar territory of a three-dimensional operating field to working on a two-dimensional flat video display
- Are you willing to make an investment in your practice to ensure its future viability?
In consideration of the innate desire to attain excellence in latest Gynecological practice, these courses are designed to comprehensively review a wide range of opportunities for the aspiring gynecologic surgeon. After more than a decade and a half of “Endoscopic revolution” dating from the historical first laparoscopic hysterectomy in 1989, almost every open gynecological procedure that has been described has been successfully performed endosmotically. In addition, numerous new procedures have also been developed based on a greater understanding of pelvic anatomy, improved surgical skills and modern energy sources. Following any Laparotomy for Gynae. Condition gives rise to adhesions with abdominal wall in about 50% of cases. Out of which 50% develops pain in abdomen because of adhesions and compels many patients for redo surgery for pain in the form of Laparoscopic Adhesiolysis. Let me share with you my commonest experience: When we do Laparoscopic Adhesiolysis- patient and her relatives always objects and ask us: Why my primary Gynae surgery had not been done by Laparoscopy and as a result why I had second surgery in the form of Laparoscopic Adhesiolysis. This fact should be eye opener fact for every surgeon, as he may be disrepute for not offering the option of Laparoscopic surgery while doing laparotomy for any Gynae condition. NRI patients and even our Indian patients are demanding this option for different Gynecological conditions because of its obvious benefits.
Meeting the growing demands for Endoscopic Surgery
In response to this growing demand, Dr.Pragnesh Shah, the Course Director is offering the personalized training for the practicing Gynecologist with vision of developing, learning and incorporating Gynecological Endoscopy in their own existing practice to reach the upper edge in already competitive practice. His state-of-the-art Jyoti Hospital & Minimum Invasive Surgery center and Advanced Endoscopic Training Centre at Ahmedabad, India. The personalized course has been rated highly by participants and recognized and supported by the academic resources of the Federation of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of India (FOGSI) and Indian Association of Gynecological Endoscopist (IAGE) & FOGSI-ICOG.
- Why specialized laproscopic training when i can learn by assisting in any hospital or laproscopic surgeon ?
Technical skills in the field of laparoscopic surgery have been taught in specialized training center for last twenty years. Studies have shown that unlike open surgery, mere observing cases or assisting a surgeon does not improve the necessary skill to become a laparoscopic surgeon. Ergonomics & Physics of laparoscopic surgery is completely different than open surgery & mastery of hand-eye co-ordination requires thorough exposure over animal tissue followed by same skill demonstration in operation theatre. Laparoscopic techniques skill acquisition need “Hand on” training under specialized guidance because the field of view is limited, peripheral vision is not possible & the operative field is represented in two dimensions on a video monitor. Unlike open surgery, where the surgeon is facilitated verbally & manually through assistantship from the opposite side of the operating table, in video-endoscopic surgery verbal directives is not of much help & there is an increased reliance on the technical skills of the surgeon. To achieve these basic skills & to imbibe the principles of laparoscopic surgery, training in simulated operative environments & observation of state-of-the-art surgery in operation theatre has become a necessity.
- Will I be able to perform cases in operation theatre independently in this program. ?
You will get chance to observe operation theatre. It is not possible to let perform surgery independently (free-hand). Because it is not in the favor of patient’s safety & life. According to international ethical guidelines independent learning over human patient is strictly prohibited. However, you will get enough chance to assist.
- What is the certification?
You will be certified by the Course Director and institute is recognized by Federation of Obstetrics & Gynecological Societies of India (FOGSI) and FOGSI-ICOG following theory & practical exam assessment.
- How to apply for the course?
We take limited candidates in one batch on first come first serve basis hence it is essential to reserve your seat as early as (Three months prior) possible by fulfilling all the formalities-click on application form. For confirmation send the completed application form by mail/ person or to our person to Dr.Pragnesh Shah M.D.. Endoscopic Surgeon
- Do i need to pay at the time of application for the course?
You can send the application form with a demand draft as per mentioned in application for by FOGSI or FOGSI-ICOG, payable at Mumbai for final confirmation to your participation in any program. After this you would receive a confirmation of attendance letter/Email from our institute.
- I am indian but at present working abroad what fees is applicable to me?
Feeds and applications are different for FOGSI members and non-FOGSI member for training. Even if you are Indian but having NRI status you need to pay tuition fee equivalent to overseas surgeon 200 USD payable at Mumbai (excluding airfares)
- What is the elligibility critaria for the programme?
All, surgeons & gynecologists having exposure of open surgery are good candidate for the program. The minimum qualification for the laparoscopic training is medical graduate equivalent to M.B.B.S. with post-graduation in Gyn. Or Surgery.
- Will i be able to performe laparoscopic surgery on my patient after this programme?
Yes, there is ample opportunity to develop your skill during this program. Most of the surgeons trained from our Centre are performing regular laparoscopic surgery with confidence & reliability.
- Can I extend the program so that I could visit tourist place also ?
Yes, You could extend the program so that it covers different tourist place. You would have to pay extra costs for the same. For candidate from outside India have take special visa permission form your consulate office one you receive our invitation letter for training program. You have to take permission and reporting at local police commissioner office once you are in Ahmedabad. Contact for the more details.
- What are inclusion in training fees?
- Training fees & study materials
- Lodging in Hotel/Hostel can be arranged with prior request.
- Possible exclusions are:
- Any Taxes, Insurance, Visa Charges, stay, Passport expenditures, Dinners, Meals.